Want all eyes on you at your formal? Luscious lashes creates a seriously sexy look, so steal these celebs killer beauty style for your night on the town.
GET THE LOOK:
- After applying your makeup base and soft shimmering eyes, swipe on a sleek and simple liquid eyeliner for the sexy vixen look
- Don’t forget to curl your lashes before applying mascara to open up your eye area
- Apply two coats Mascara, remembering to brush a little mascara on your lower lashes, to keep upper lashes from looking top-heavy
- Carefully trim and glue on false lashes and touch up your liquid eye liner
Complete the look with bombshell hair and nude lips for this season’s hottest red carpet ready style.
As seen on Catwalks, Celebs and in the most lust worthy fashion campaigns; the hottest manicure look for your formal is definitely the Reverse French Manicure.
Forget the salon and save yourself a pretty penny by playing with metallics, pastels, neons and nudes for perfectly polished tips at home!
Get the look in 5 simple steps:
1. Apply one coat of basecoat to prime nails.
2. Apply 2 coats of your main shade to the nail.
3. Once the lacquer has completely dried, place the White Tip Guides just above the cuticle to create a half moon. Alternatively, place White Tip Guides along natural nail line for a traditional French style. Make sure you press firmly especially around the grooves.
4. Polish the nail bed to form a half moon using your second Nail Lacquer colour. For a brighter finish, be sure to add a second coat.
5. To finish, use one coat of top coat to seal your manicure, providing a durable, high-shine finish.
Need some Spring style inspiration?
Celebrity manicurist and ORLY Australia’s ambassador, Fiona Hay says “Start injecting some colour back into your spring wardrobe with one of your own personal accessories – fingernails!
Shades inspired by sherberts, sorbets and macaroons are delicious this Spring. Peach nude, pistachio, musk pink, lilac, and lemon are also a must. As we head into Summer, nails shades will brighten up – so reach for hot neon colours.”
Fiona’s top tips for a perfect pastel manicure?
- Gently file your nails into a soft feminine shape, following the natural curve of your finger tip. Buff the surface gently with a foam buffer to prepare the nail for perfect polish application.
- Cleanse nail with polish remover to remove any dust and surface oils – this will help prevent peeling.
- Apply base coat, then two coats of your favourite ORLY nail colour – try shades It’s Not Me It’s You, Lemonade or Lollipop. Finally, seal with top coat for high shine, chip resistant nails.
- Don’t forget to apply cuticle oil daily, as needed.