Are you stuck with what to do for Australia Day? There are countless things to do but if you’re lacking inspiration and want to do more than throw a BBQ or hit the beach, we’re here to help. Below are some cute ideas to celebrate Australia Day in good ol’ Aussie fashion!
1. Treat your Wednesday like a Friday night and go to an Australia Day eve party.
2. Organise a picnic at the Botanical Gardens.
3. Go on a day trip out of town. Blue Mountains? The Twelve Apostles? Explore your state!
4. Take your girlfriends to an outdoor bar. For any Sydney-siders, Watson’s Bay Boutique Hotel and Opera Bar will operate as normal FYI
5. Visit your local art gallery or museum. Australia Day is full of history, so it won’t hurt to learn something new!
6. Watch the fireworks. In Sydney, you can watch fireworks and enjoy some live entertainment at Cockle Bay.
7. Grab your besties and go on an Australia Day cruise.
8. Get tickets to an Australia Day concert in your city!
9. Take the crew out to a theme park for the day.
10. SHOP. Most major shopping centres will have normal trading hours.
Here at Colette by Colette Hayman, we are celebrating Australia Day with 30% off site-wide on all full-priced product! Treat yo’self. Happy Australia Day! xx