There are so many handbags and tote bags out there that it can be hard to know what to do with them when you're done with them. If you don't want just to throw them away, here are a few ideas for repurposing them!
Use a Handbag for storage
Handbags are one of the most essential and versatile accessories a woman can have. Not only do they add a touch of style to any outfit, but they also provide a convenient way to carry all of your essential items. However, handbags can also be used for more than just carrying your things from place to place. They can also be a great way to keep your belongings organized and tidy.
Donate it to a local charity
Donating a handbag to a local charity can be a great way to give back to the community. Handbags can be donated to organizations that provide services to people in need or homeless. They can also be given to thrift stores, where they will be sold to raise money for charity. So, before you toss that old handbag in the trash, consider donating it to a worthy cause.
If you have a handbag that is still in good condition but no longer fits your style, consider passing it down to a friend or family member. This can be a great way to reduce waste by giving new life to an item that might otherwise go unused. Plus, it’s always nice to give someone a thoughtful gift without having to spend any extra money.
Sell it online
There are many websites and apps where you can sell used items, including handbags. This can be a great way to make some extra cash while also getting rid of unwanted items. Just make sure to thoroughly clean the handbag before selling it, as well as accurately describe its condition in the listing.
Here is the list of the best marketplaces to resell your handbag.
- Etsy: If the handbag is vintage or unique, Etsy might be a good option for selling it.
- eBay: This well-known online marketplace offers a wide range of categories for selling items, including handbags.
Facebook Marketplace: You can connect with local buyers through Facebook’s marketplace feature, making the transaction more convenient.
Here is the list of the best local charities to donate handbags and accessories too.
- Redcross: Many people donate pre-loved, good quality clothes, shoes, and accessories such as handbags to Redcross. However, be mindful of the handbag's quality. It's easier for Redcross to resell bags that are in good condition, with no significant damage or wear.
- Salvation army: This organisation accepts clothing and other accessories, such as handbags to sell in their stores. The proceeds go towards helping those in need through various programs, including disaster relief, housing assistance etc.
- Vinnies: Vinnies offers support to those experiencing homelessness and poverty through their various programs. Donating handbags in good condition helps to generate funds for these programs while also providing practical items for people who may not be able to afford them otherwise.
There are countless opportunities to donate your handbags, whether it be to a local charity organisation or through online platforms & marketplaces. Not only does this help those in need, but it also reduces the strain on our environment by keeping these items out of landfills. So next time you’re cleaning out your closet, consider donating any gently used handbags instead of throwing them away.